Hostgator Review 2019:Which Has The Range of Services to Meet Everyone’s Web Hosting Needs
- Solid hosting uptime performance, uptime > 99.99%
- Fast server, TTFB below 50ms for United States users and rated A at Bitcatcha speed test
- Ease of Use - Cpanel
- Special discount – is Up to 60% off + $4.99 on select domains
- Low Cost – Low as $2.95/Month
- 45-day money back guarantee
- Free site migration for new users
- Comprehensive Plans - Shared /Cloud/WordPress/Reseller/VPS Hosting ,Dedicated Server
- Care about customers – comprehensive support documentation, users forum, and 24×7 support
Do you have dreams of starting a business? Do you already have a business but it’s either time for a website or simply time to move onto a better hosting plan? For over a decade, Hostgator has been at the forefront of the industry, implementing innovative ideas and advancements in technology to give the customers, and those viewing their websites, the best experience possible. Here we’ve reviewed Hostgator and given them a five out of five stars because they deliver on their promises, and then some.
Hostgator Inc. was founded by Brent Oxley in his college dorm back in 2002. The company grew from a one-man operation to one with hundreds of employees over the years; and was ranked 21st (year 2008) and 239th (year 2009) in Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company.
In 2012, Brent sold the company was sold to Endurance International Group (EIG) for, unofficial figure, $225 million. EIG, which also owns a number of other well-known hosting brands, including BlueHost, iPage, FatCow, HostMonster, Pow Web, Easy CGI, Arvixe, eHost, A Small Orange, and so on; is now the largest website hosting company.
- Founded in 2002 by Brent Oxley.
- Services: Shared, VPS, dedicated, and cloud hosting
- Offices in four locations: Houston and Austin, Texas; Florianopolic and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Data centers: Houston, TX and Provo, UT, America (U.S.).
5 Benefits of Hostgator Webhosting
Hostgator has a lot to offer people who want to have a professional and individualized looking website. They’ve helped personal bloggers, businesses large and small, and hobbyist get started with the process from square one. Here are just a few of the benefits they have to offer:
#1: Ease of Use
Hostgator provides you with a highly flexible and client-friendly control panel.After purchase of a plan, Hostgator will send you an email that will guide you on how to get started. The email contains the Billing Login link, which will lead you to the customer portal. This is where you will find all the information regarding payment, plan, and options to purchase add-ons. In the same page, you will find the tab for account and domain management.
Hostgator has plenty of features that come with each plan like the free website builder Weebly that makes design a snap because you can drag-and-drop your images without having to write any code. Plus, there are over 4,500 website templates to choose from to ensure that your website is unique to your brand, instead of looking like it came out of a box. The easy to navigate cPanel, fast loading times, unlimited emails, and green web hosting are just a few of the advantages offered in the Hostgator plans.
#3: Customer Support
Customer support is going to be extremely important in how efficient your website is run. You want to be able to quickly and easily get resolutions to any problems that you’re dealing with. When a website goes live, you want to be confident that everything runs smoothly. Hostgator offers 24/7 customer support making them easy to reach no matter what time of day. And they are quick to respond. You can submit tickets and also check out their knowledgebase for answers to any questions you may have. They have a plethora of video tutorials, and you can chat with them live when you’re in need of immediate attention.
#4: Low Cost
With Hostgator, you can get significant discounts. The company always runs promotions and discounted services. And on an interesting note, even the undiscounted price still makes an attractive entry point for a high standard of service.When you’re a start-up, the price is going to be an important factor in your success. Hostgator has affordable plans that give you everything you need to get started, and they start at under $2.75 a month. As your blog and business grow, you can upgrade to a plan that offers more of what you need. But you’ll still find these plans are going to be extremely affordable for the services and features you’ll be receiving. Check out the coupons that are listed because these are a great way to save even more money when you select Hostgator to be your webhost.
And atop from all these, the platform gives a 45 -Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the service, you can cancel your purchase within 45 days and get a complete refund.
Hailed as one of the world’s top 10 largest web hosting companies, Hostgator gives you a good run for your money. Its highly flexible plans are attractive enough to overshadow the offers of its competitors. And with the highly competitive market today, it’s very important that you expand your target customers by using the new platforms of media.
With Hostgator, all of the tools that you need to launch an effective and functional website is just fingertips away.
You can have the best web design, marketing plan, and concept, but if people have to wait for your site to load, you’ll lose potential visitors. Hostgator has one of the best uptimes in the web hosting industry, so no one has to wait. They deliver on their 99.99% uptime guarantee, and you and your visitors will love this advantage over other websites.
When choosing a web hosting company, pay close attention to the features they offer because these will be your key elements that give your website the edge over the competition. Let’s check out what they have to offer.
The control panel will be your main hub when you’re managing your website, emails, new domains, and more. When you need to perform tasks like make internal changes to your files, install new programs, improve page speed, or access back up, you’ll want the cPanel. The cPanel is award-winning and for very good reasons. It’s easy to navigate, learn, and utilize. Kootoes to Hostgator for getting their control panels right.
Don’t have a clue how to design a website? Or maybe you don’t have the time? A drag-and-drop website builder like Weebly will help take care of that for you. Even the most basic plans offered by Hostgator include this feature and don’t forget all the templates you’ll get access too!
Caring about the environment is something that should be showcased. When you choose Hostgator, your website will be working hard to lessen the carbon footprint because Hostgator Webhosting invests in wind energy and renewable energy credits.
The plans offered by Hostgator are important because as your website grows over the years, you can easily transition from one plan to the next. Their plans also make it easy when you’re migrating a website to them because you’ll have everything you need to make a smooth changeover from your current host to Hostgator.
The email feature has unlimited POP3 accounts that you can access using RoundCube, SquirrelMail, or Horde. It’s easy to use the IMAP support and add the email account to your phone, and of course Hostgator uses SpamAssassin to keep your account clean and free of from spammers.
Business on Tapp
Business on Tapp is an app that provides knowledge and insight by giving helpful tips from successful marketers and business owners. They give you pointers on what’s trending and the many challenges that entrepreneurs face from tools you should be using, to making professional videos for your website, to stretches you can do when you sit at a computer all day.
45-day money back guarantee
Hostgator has an award winning customer service and multiple ways to get in touch with them, as well as gain information from their knowledgebase. But they go beyond those services and also give you a 45-day test run of their hosting plans, so you can put them to the test. If you find that you don’t get everything you were hoping from them, then use their 45-day money back guarantee. It’s quick and easy, and you’ll see the money back in your account fast.
Hostgator Webhosting Plans
While all Hostgator Webhosting Plans offer website builders, email options, an award winning control panel and more, they also have many differences. Here we’ll break down the different plans, their prices, and the qualities they have to offer you.
Shared Hosting Plans
When you’re just starting out, a shared hosting plan is a great way to get everything you need. Hostgator has three different plans to choose from. Let’s take a look at what each one gives you and how much it costs.
– Hatchling: This plan starts at around $2.75 a month for three years and gives you a single domain and unmetered bandwidth.
– Baby: You get unlimited domains with the baby plan, unmetered bandwidth and shared SSL certificate all for around $5.95 a month.
– Business: This is one of the most popular plans with private SSL and IP, a toll-free number, as well as unlimited domains and bandwidth for about $5.95 a month for three years.
Reseller Hosting Plans
If you want to have your own hosting customers and make some money online, a reseller plan is a great way to make that dream a reality. Here’s a look at the five flexible and powerful reseller plans that are offered by Hostgator.
– Aluminum: Starting at around $20 for your first month, you’ll get a great plan to start out with. You get 50 GB of disk space, 500 GB of bandwidth, and unlimited domains.
– Copper: You can take it up a notch with the Copper Plan and get 80 GB of disk space, 700 GB of bandwidth, and unlimited domains for about $28 the first month.
– Silver: The Silver Plan offers 120 GB of disk space, 1000 GB of bandwidth, and, of course, unlimited domain names, and for the first month the price is around $40.
– Gold: With a 160 GB of disk space and 1200 GB of bandwidth starting at $60 for the first month, you’ll be able to take on many clients of your own.
– Diamond: You’ll receive 200 GB of disk space, 1400 GB of bandwidth, and the first months price is about $80 a month.
VPS Hosting Plans
As you get more serious about what your website and the ability it has, you can upgrade to a VPS hosting plan. You have the option of having it fully or semi-managed for you. Here are a few features the plans have to offer you.
– Snappy 500: The Snappy 500 offers 512 MB of Ram, 25 GB of disk space, 2 IP addresses, and more to get you going. The first term starts around $12 a month.
– Snappy 1000: For about $34 a month, you get to enjoy 1 CPU core, 1000 MB of Ram, 60 GB of disk space, 1 TP of Bandwidth, and 2 IP addresses.
– Snappy 2000: You’ll get two CPU cores, 2000 MB of Ram, 120 GB of disk space, 1.5 TB of bandwidth, and much more for around $60 a month for the first term.
– Snappy 4000: With the 4000, you’ll have plenty to work with starting at about $80 a month for the first term: 2 CPU cores, 4000 MB of Ram, 165 GB of disk space, and 2 TB of bandwidth.
– Snappy 8000: The first term starts at about $100 a month, and you’ll have 4 CPU cores, 8000 MB of Ram, 240 GB of disk space, 3 TB of bandwidth, and 2 IP addresses.
Dedicated Hosting Plans
There are four dedicated hosting plans to choose from and move seamlessly through as you grow your online presence. With each plan, you get more CPU cores, CPU speed, uplinks, RAM, RAID-1 Drives, Bandwidth, IP addresses, as well as multiple other features and tools.
– Basic Dedicated Server: Basic starts at around $105 a month for the first term.
– Standard Dedicated Server: The Standard dedicated server pricing begins at about $132 for the first term.
– Elite Dedicated Server: Starting at around $168 a month for the first term, you’ll gain more power with this plan because you’ll jump to 8 GB of RAM.
– Pro Dedicated Server: Pro is extremely popular because you get so much for $225 a month for the first term, such as 16 GB of RAM, 5 IP’s and 1000 Mbps.
Managed WordPress Hosting Plans
If you want to start a blog and grow the number of visitors you have, then a managed WordPress Hosting plan is a fantastic choice for you. Here is a little about what they have to offer you.
– Starter: You’ll get to enjoy a fast website that caters to up to 100,000 visitors monthly for 1 URL, as well as database back-up, unlimited emails, and many more features and tools for about $8 a month.
– Standard: You get everything you get with the starter plan and then some. This is a popular and recommended plan starting at around $12 a month.
– Business: At around $20 a month, you can have five domain names, 500,000 monthly visitors, and the added feature of a WPPro developer help.
Hostgator Domain Names
Registering a domain name is easy with Hostgator. Prices range from $4.99 up to $39.95 depending on the name the extension that you want. With every domain you purchase, you’ll get to enjoy free domain locking to prevent people from hijacking your domain or making changes without your approval. You’ll also get automatic domain renewal, so you never have to worry about losing your domain because you forget to renew it.
Plus, you can easily manage your domains by simply creating a unique nameserver with your management panel. Hostgator makes it easy to manage all of your domains from one cPanel, allowing you to focus on running your business, instead of jumping from a control panel to control panel.
If you’re still on the fence about whether Hostgator is the right choice for you, there are a few other alternatives that can do a good job as well. Here we’ll check out a few other hosting companies that have proven themselves to be tough competitors.
Bluehost: You get everything you need with Bluehost to run a small blog, small business, or a Fortune 500 company. Bluehost has many comprehensive plans that are easy to upgrade from. Hostgator is going to be a little faster with the load times, but you really can’t go wrong with either host.
Eleven2: Eleven2 gives Hostgator a run for their money when it comes to customer service and pricing, but they just don’t have the knowledgebase or tutorials to guide you. You’ll enjoy using Eleven2, but as your business grows, a webhost like Hostgator is going to make it a little easier to transition from one plan to the next. Plus, you’ll have the website builder if you go with Hostgator.
Justhost: Justhost is fantastic if you’re just starting out. They give you fast sites at affordable rates. However, when you’re ready to gain more traffic, you’ll want to migrate over to a host like Hostgator, so you can continue to grow audience without disrupting your upload times. Plus, Hostgator gives you more emails and unlimited features that you may not need in the beginning, but will definitely need later on.
After testing and reviewing multiple web hosts, we’ve seen some really great options with a plethora of features and tools. There have also been some that aren’t as well rounded and easy to use. Hostgator is the number one choice and deserves five out of five stars (and we would give it more stars if we could) because of their fast upload times, comprehensive plans, affordable prices, and the ability to seamlessly transition from on plan to the next.
Over the years, Hostgator has continued to improve and evolve for anyone trying to create a successful online presence. They are the top choice for individuals, small and large businesses, and anyone with a passion for developing successful websites. Simply test out their 45-day money back guarantee for yourself. It’s risk-free, so you have peace of mind knowing that you’ve gone with the right web hosting company.
Hostgator Coupon Codes
Save up to 60% when you signup to Hostgator Cloud hosting plan today.
Bear in mind that, however, this price falls back to normal when you renew.
[…] doesn’t have the most comprehensive package either. With providers like HostGator and BlueHost, you have more choice and more features. However, if you want to support one of the […]