Bluehost Review 2019:Which offers affordable pricing and best value for money
- 1.A free domain, which is great if you don’t have a website yet
- 2.User Friendly,the most popular hosting control panel, cPanel.
- 3. SSL certificate
- 4. Easy one-click installation of WordPress
- 5. FREE website builders
- 6. Automatic WordPress updates
- 7. Unlimited bandwidth
- 8. 24/7 customer support
- 9. 30-day money-back guarantee
- 10. AND MORE!
Who Is Bluehost?
Bluehost is part of the Endurance International Group. This parent company provides tools for hosting, marketing, and web design to over 5 million small businesses all over the world. You may have heard of some of the other popular partners of the Endurance International Group. These include HostGator, BigRock, Domain.com, and Constant Contact.
Bluehost is well known as one of the top web hosting providers, powering over 2 million websites and rocking a stellar reputation for their shared hosting and WordPress hosting offerings. From their founding in 2003, the company’s passion for innovation has benefited their customers.
As one of the most popular hosting companies out there, their team has grown expansively to support the demand for their services. This has allowed them to offer 24/7 live support for both shoppers and customers. Additionally, BlueHost’s WordPress hosting is officially recommended by the WordPress organization. There are only 3 hosting companies globally that have won this official recommendation from the WordPress organization.
What’s good about BlueHost
Affordable – The shared hosting plan costs $5.95 per month with two years subscription.
Reliable – BlueHost provides world class technology, having multi 10 Gigabit Ethernet connection, diesel generator backup power, ups power backup, 24/7 network monitoring.
Unlimited – This means you can have on a single shared hosting plan unlimited sites, emails, scripts, databases, space and data transfer.
Top Notch Support – BlueHost provides with a non-stop technical support. You can contact them using their toll free phone number, with live chat, support tickets or via bluehost forum. For self help you can use their knowledgebase or online video tutorials.
User Friendly – BlueHost is using the most popular hosting control panel, cPanel. With this software you can easily add new sites to your hosting account, create emails and forwarders, install free scripts, manage your files and much more.
Guarantees – BlueHost will guarantee 99.9% network uptime, have an anytime money back policy, and provides non-stop available online support with average 30 seconds holding time.
What Does the Basic Plan Offer?
- A free domain, which is great if you don’t have a website yet
- You can host one single website with an unlimited number of subdomains
- SSL certificate (mandatory if you’re building a small e-commerce store, but all websites should have one)
- Easy one-click installation of WordPress
- FREE website builders
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Bluehost limits your disk space but gives you unmetered bandwidth. The disk space allotted will be plenty to run a small personal website.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- AND MORE!
How to Pick a plan that best fits your web hosting ?
The basic plan will be a good option for anyone starting a website for the first time. It will be able to handle projects such as small blogs, portfolios, or other personal websites. Better yet, you can start here and then upgrade from your control panel when you need more powerful options.
One downside of Bluehost’s web hosting is that you must pay for at least one year at a time. So there is no option to pay month by month. However, given the low cost of most Bluehost hosting, this shouldn’t be a problem for most people.
You will get their cheapest rates if you sign up for a higher number of months. For example, they offer a 60-month plan for an unbeatable price. If you choose this, you’ll have web hosting for 5 years straight at a budget price without having to worry about renewals.
But this also means that if you choose to cancel your web hosting services, you will take a loss. Bluehost does not offer pro-rated refunds for cancellations that occur after the period of their 30-day money-back guarantee has ended. So if you want more flexibility with your web host, you may want to check out a hosting company that lets you subscribe by the month. Both HostGator and DreamHost has monthly billing options.
Get your website up and running with Bluehost’s Starter Plan which is available for only $3.95/month. If you ever want to host more than one website or you want to take advantage of add-on features like their super-fast global Content Delivery Network (CDN), then you can easily upgrade your account to Plus or Business Pro plans.
For advanced users who demand the highest performance for their websites (and those with a larger budget), Bluehost also offers VPS hosting and dedicated hosting.
Features for Geeks: anyone can make a website – and it’s EASY!
Maybe you’re a developer or are thinking of hiring a developer to help you create your website. In this case, you may want to know that Bluehost gives you:
- SSH access
- FTP access
- unmetered MySQL databases.
Bluehost’s website builder is drag-and-drop easy yet powerful enough even for advanced users. They provide you with all the tools, options, and access you need for advanced control.
They also offer SSH (secure shell) access, so if you’re a web developer, you can rest assured that you won’t be working with a typical, restrictive, and often-risky web hosting environment.
Optimized for WordPress
We wondered that too, so we went straight to the source: WordPress. There are tens of thousands of web hosts, yet WordPress recommends only three (3!) hosts and Bluehost is one of them. Why? Why is Bluehost so special? Why does WordPress recommend Bluehost?
- While the vast majority of hosts meet minimum requirements for WordPress, “WordPress works best when it’s in a rich hosting environment”
- The WordPress organization publishes key traits furnished by Bluehost, including: well-crafted dashboards and tools created specifically for WordPress users
- Bluehost provides free domain name, FTP, email
- They make it easy to scale up
- Bluehost is backed by “legendary” 24/7 support from Bluehost’s own WordPress experts.
With Bluehost, you can create and manage any kind of website, from a simple personal blog, to an eCommerce site or whatever else you need. Heck, you can even run a website that’s powered by WordPress!
CloudFlare CDN for Fast Site Performance
All accounts on Bluehost automatically comes with the built-in CloudFlare CDN. So, what’s that? CloudFlare is an advanced content delivery network. You will be able to enable this feature on your websites for free.
How Does the CloudFlare CDN work?
- CloudFlare caches static content from your website to their proxy servers. This lowers the number of requests your website needs to make to your servers when a visitor accesses it.
- CloudFlare’s proxy servers are located all around the world.
- Visitors are delivered the cached content of your website from the server that is closest to them.
- This results in faster page loading speeds for everyone.
Bluehost CDN screenshot
You Should Use CloudFlare CDN
- Research shows that 40% of people leave a website if it takes longer than 2 seconds to load.
- In 2017, Google said a website should ideally load in 500 milliseconds, but not more than 2 seconds.
- With CloudFlare CDN, you won’t have to worry about slow load speeds driving readers and customers away.
- CloudFlare also acts as a shield for your website. It protects your website from attacks. From your dashboard, you will even be able to see what threats CloudFlare has already stopped.
- It reduces the occurrence of spam comments on your website.
Is BlueHost Recommended for Business?
We believe that a company which is hosting over one million websites on their servers can not be a bad hosting provider. Customers would not choose a hosting company that can’t provide a reliable service and good customer support. BlueHost is recommended not only by use, but also by hundreds of thousand of customers who do business with them.